The Administrative Assistant helps fulfill New Life Family Service’s mission of assisting clients in life-affirming decisions with the love and compassion of Christ by ensuring professional representation of New Life Family Services and its programs through providing administrative support to the Minneapolis office and coordination of client services.
- ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES: Assisting the Office Manager in office administration including greeting clients, scheduling client appointments, coordinating schedules, ordering supplies, maintaining office equipment, general organization of the office. Organizing and stocking clothing closet as needed. Assisting with donation management. Other duties as assigned.
- CLIENT RESPONISIBILITES: Answer incoming phone calls and provide over the phone counseling to those in crisis. Schedule clients for medical or social services appointments as needed. Greet and check clients in for appointments. Assist clients in the clothing closest and check them out after their appointment. Keep accurate records of client interactions. Assist in administering pregnancy test intakes and partner intakes. Provide resources and referrals as appropriate. Connect clients with social workers and client advocates for additional support.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years work experience.
Attend all New Life fundraising events and other agency sponsored events as directed by the Operations Manager. These may include some evening and/or weekend hours. May be asked to speak periodically in churches and/or community events on behalf of the agency.
Participate in appropriate workshops and training sessions to ensure continuing education requirements are met.
- Demonstrated faith in Jesus Christ.
- Agrees with and adheres to Transform Minnesota Statement of Faith, Core Values, and Code of Conduct.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to sexual purity.
- Attend weekly staff and prayer meetings.
- Be able to express a clear understanding of the inner workings of a pregnancy care center.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once.
- Exhibit ability to respect client and donor confidentiality through the safe-keeping of related information.