REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Direct Program Services Director.
STATUS: Full-time + benefits, position will be October 2021 – September 2022, will be re-evaluated at that time.
HOURS: 32-40/week, primarily during office hours but must be available for some evening and weekend hours.
ARRIVE MINISTRIES: Is a faith-based organization that empowers the local Church to reach out and serve our new neighbors economically, socially, and spiritually. We work primarily with refugees being resettled in Minnesota.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist R&P case managers in providing newly-arrived refugees with transportation to appointments, including: Social Security, county offices, ESL/school registration, doctor, and WIC.
- Preparation for and leading Cultural Orientation and Intake appointments with refugee clients as required by the Cooperative Agreement.
- Document all client interactions in Arrive Ministries’ case notes, in a timely manner and in compliance with the federal Cooperative Agreement.
- Teach newly-arrived refugees how to take public transit (bus, Light Rail, walking) to reach various destinations such as ESL class, job counselor appointments, the grocery store, and other locations, as identified by the R&P case manager.
- Coordinate and help implement apartment set-ups and welcome kit/bed deliveries, in conjunction with other R&P staff.
- Create welcome kits for newly-arrived refugees from the on-site Arrive Ministries donations room, and purchase necessary welcome kit items from local stores, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum completion of one-year post-secondary education.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural experience and ability to communicate. clearly and respectfully with individuals with LEP.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Extremely adaptable and willing to change plans as needed due to client and/or scheduling conflicts.
- Quick-thinking paired with an understanding of when assistance from supervisor or others is needed in order to solve a problem.
- Organized with an ability to communicate updates to R&P staff as needed.
- Agreement with and adhere to Transform Minnesota’s Statement of Faith, Core Values, and Code of Conduct.
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license, clean driving record, and regular access to a vehicle.