Case Manager, Refugee Reception & Placement
Reporting Relationship: Reception & Placement Program Manager
Status: Full-time with benefits
Arrive Ministries: Is a faith-based organization dedicated to the cause of the refugee and immigrant. Our mission is to live out God’s command to welcome refugees and immigrants by loving them practically, socially and spiritually. We provide direct program services and we empower the local Church to welcome and walk alongside newly arriving refugees.
Purpose of this Position: This position, within the Reception and Placement (R&P) department, manages a caseload of newly-arrived refugees and connects them to necessary services. It provides refugees with basic needs support and core social services as defined by the Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct case management for newly-arrived refugees in accordance with the federal Cooperative Agreement and accompanying resettlement guidelines
- Assess refugee family/individual to establish a comprehensive resettlement plan
- Assist with social services delivery (i.e., provide and/or arrange transportation to appointments such as Social Security, ESL, school registration, public assistance)
- Complete and maintain case notes and other documentation of services on-time and in an efficient, accurate manner, as required by the federal Cooperative Agreement
- Coordinate apartment set-ups, bed and welcome kit deliveries, and lease signings for cases
- Initiate referrals to necessary community-based services for newly-arrived refugee clients (i.e., medical, employment, ESL, mental health)
- Assist newly-arrived refugee families in crisis de-escalation and conflict mediation, sometimes with the help of other Arrive Ministries staff
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Four year degree in areas such as social services, global studies, cross cultural communication, or equivalent job experience
- Valid MN Driver’s License with proof of insurance and good driving record
- Able to speak, read, and write fluently in English
- Able to speak, read, and write fluently in other languages such as Karen, Oromo, Somali.
- Competency using computer applications for writing, record keeping, and research
- Strong people skills across class, religion, culture, age, and gender
- Excellent time management, organization, attention to detail, and problem-solving abilities
- A demonstrated faith in Jesus Christ and compatibility with our mission
- Agree with and adhere to Transform Minnesota’s Statement of Faith, Core Values and Code of Conduct.
Knowledge and Skills Preferred:
- Work experience in social services and/or case management
- Knowledge and familiarity with social services and community resources in the Twin Cities metro area
- 40 hours per week within a typical work schedule of Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Flexibility in scheduling needed to attend late-evening or early morning appointments or other unexpected situations
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.