The Client Advocate helps fulfill New Life Family Service’s mission of assisting clients in life-affirming decisions with the love and compassion of Christ by providing quality services related to family, pregnancy and STD testing.
Every Family Program Manager (EFPM)
- PRIMARY FOCUS: Provide direct services focused on Spanish speaking individuals and families seeking early parenting related support. Provide individual and group parent education and coaching sessions with clients through the use of approved curriculum. Assist EFPM in preparing and facilitating group classes for individuals and families. Conduct agency intakes for individuals and families to assess their immediate and ongoing needs and develop and implement a case plan, including goal setting. Provide support and counsel as appropriate along with referrals or coordination of services for other assessed needs. Conduct networking meetings with other organizations and maintain current knowledge of community resources applicable to the needs of the caseload. Assist with translating materials into Spanish. Conduct other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- SECONDARY FOCUS: Provide direct services focused on Spanish speaking individuals including; conducting intakes for pregnancy tests, ultrasound appointments and STD testing as needed. Provide decision making counseling for clients including sharing information about abortion risks and procedures, parenting information, and adoption education. Collaborate with New Life Adoptions Expectant Parent Social Worker for adoption services as needed. Collaborate with and make referrals to Conquerors Program Manager as needed. Maintain accurate records of services provided according to agency standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field.
- Able to demonstrate fluency in Spanish language-spoken and written
- Two years professional experiences strongly preferred.
- Experience in Case Management preferred.
- Reliable transportation to travel to other offices as needed
Attend all New Life fundraising events and other agency sponsored events as directed by supervisor. These may include some evening and/or weekend hours. May be asked to speak periodically in churches and/or community events on behalf of the agency. Promote a positive agency image to other Social Service agencies.
Complete New Life requirements for continuing education. Participate in appropriate workshops and training sessions to ensure continuing education requirements are met. Keep current on best practices and trends in the fields of early parenting, child development, pregnancy care, adoption, sexual health and community resources, specific to the Hispanic Community.
- Demonstrated faith in Jesus Christ.
- Agrees with and adheres to Transform Minnesota Statement of Faith, Core Values, and Code of Conduct.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to sexual purity.
- Attend weekly staff and prayer meetings.
- Be able to express a clear understanding of the inner workings of a pregnancy care center.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once.
- Exhibit ability to respect client and donor confidentiality through the safe-keeping of related information.