The Client Advocate helps fulfill New Life Family Service’s mission of assisting clients in life-affirming decisions with the love and compassion of Christ by providing quality services related to family, pregnancy and STD testing.
Client Care Supervisor
- Provide direct services to individuals and families seeking pregnancy and early parenting related needs, as well as individuals seeking STD testing.
- Conduct agency intakes for individuals and families to assess their immediate needs and develop and implement a case plan. This includes, but is not limited to assessment of general status of family relationships, relationship with partner, support system and social relationships, emotional status, educational level and goals, health and medical care, preparations for childbirth, housing, financial stability, chemical use or dependency, and parenting skills.
- Conduct intakes for pregnancy tests, ultrasound appointments and STD testing, as well as social assessments and ongoing parenting and/or pregnancy-related support.
- Provide decision making counseling for clients including providing information about abortion risks and procedures, parenting information, and adoption education. Provide counseling, referrals or coordination of services for other assessed needs.
- Maintain current knowledge of community resources applicable to the needs of caseload.
- Collaborate with NLFS expectant parent social worker for adoption services when needed.
- Maintain accurate records of services provided according to agency standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field.
- Two years professional experiences strongly preferred.
- Experience in Case Management preferred.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
Attend all New Life fundraising events and other agency sponsored events as directed by the Client Care Supervisor. These may include some evening and/or weekend hours. May be asked to speak periodically in churches and/or community events on behalf of the agency. Promote a positive agency image to other Social Service agencies.
Complete New Life requirements for continuing education. Participate in appropriate workshops and training sessions to ensure continuing education requirements are met. Keep current on best practices and trends in the fields of early parenting, child development, pregnancy care, adoption, sexual health and community resources.
- Demonstrated faith in Jesus Christ.
- Agrees with and adheres to Transform Minnesota Statement of Faith, Core Values, and Code of Conduct.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to sexual purity.
- Attend weekly staff and prayer meetings.
- Be able to express a clear understanding of the inner workings of a pregnancy care center.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once.
- Exhibit ability to respect client and donor confidentiality through the safe-keeping of related information.