The Communications Coordinator helps fulfill the mission of Transform Minnesota; to connect and equip the Church, by producing written content and providing expertise to support the communications strategies for the organization. The main objective of the Communications Coordinator will be to promote the ministry’s activities of Transform Minnesota, convey key messages to the public as well as coordinate communication projects and timelines.
- Chief Operating Officer
STATUS & COMPENSATION:
- Part-Time position (20-30 hour/week). PT benefits eligible; Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay and Voluntary Benefits.
- This is a partial remote position; 75% of the work week must be on-site at the Richfield Headquarters office.
- $20-23/hour DOQ.
- Develops and plans communication strategies and work plans for Transform Minnesota; suggests strategies to engage readers and expand audiences through multiple platforms; print newsletters, Facebook & Instagram.
- Generates content for Transform Minnesota that can be communicated through multiple formats (print and electronic newsletters, website posts, social media platforms, personal visits).
- Posts and manages content on websites; manage and create electronic newsletters.
- Manages bi-annual print newsletter.
- Creates graphics and images to promote activities.
- Attends events to conduct interviews, quotes and gather content for summary write-ups, resources and articles.
- Captures or acquires images to accompany stories.
- Creates and develops story lines for video production; coordinates with contract videographers for production.
- Serves on the Development Team with CEO and COO; creates messages and tools for existing and potential new donors.
- Attends and participates in on-site weekly team staff and prayer meetings.
- Bachelors in Communications, Marketing or Journalism preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in writing, reporting, creating newsletters and editing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience posting and managing content on websites and in electronic newsletter platforms.
- Experience with graphic design; InDesign, Illustrator.
- Experience with social media management; Facebook, Instagram.
- High level of enthusiasm, leadership and innovation.
- Strong interpersonal skills; work well in a team environment.
CORE VALUES AND COMMITMENTS:
- Demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Agree with and adhere to Transform Minnesota’s Statement of Faith, Core Values and Code of Conduct.
- Ability to work in a collegial environment; strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times.
- Enjoy working as a team member as well as independently.