The Development Coordinator helps fulfill New Life Family Service’s mission of assisting clients in life-affirming decisions with the love and compassion of Christ by developing and sustaining church engagement and partnerships through outreach, relationship cultivation, and coordination of communication, materials, speakers and events to church partners.
- Create, implement, and manage a stewardship plan for current Rochester churches.
- Field Rochester area church requests for involvement opportunities, speakers, information tables, resources, event promotion and service opportunities.
- Promote New Life Family Services’ program area services and fundraising events (including SOHL, Gala, Laugh for Life, Women’s Event, and Walk & Run for Life) to partnering churches.
- Oversee Rochester Church Ambassadors from recruitment to ongoing communication and training in collaboration with the Church Relations Coordinator to insure continuity and communication.
- Work with Church Relations Coordinator, Marketing Director, and Development Manager to manage a twelve-month calendar detailing communication with churches and set goals for church engagement according to their current level of involvement. Implement these goals with the Marketing and Development Teams and create necessary supporting materials.
- Under the direction of the Events Manager, assist in the coordination of all major events in Rochester including but not limited to the annual Gala, Laugh for Life, Walk for Life, and Women’s Event.
- Manage registration details for all Rochester events.
- Recruit, train, and manage event volunteers.
- Work with Development Manager to develop a donor engagement and follow up plan including how and when to thank donors at various levels. Pull Executive Director in when appropriate.
- Meet one-on-one with donors to thank them and share the vision of the office.
- Coordinate office tours for current, new or potential donors.
- Coordinate annual thank-a-thon phone calls for Rochester donors.
- Coordinate and hold quarterly meetings with the Rochester support team to seek donor-based feedback and give center updates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development, Communications or related field and/or a minimum of two years professional experience.
Attend all New Life fundraising events. Represent New Life and its programs at various church events including nights and weekends as needed.
Participate in appropriate workshops and training sessions and ensure continuing education requirements are met.
- Demonstrated faith in Jesus Christ.
- Agrees with and adheres to Transform Minnesota Statement of Faith, Core Values, and Code of Conduct.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to sexual purity.
- Attend weekly staff and prayer meetings.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once.
- Exhibit ability to respect client and donor confidentiality through the safe-keeping of related information.