Director of Development
SUMMARY: The Director of Development actively cultivates strategic relationships that advance the mission of Arrive Ministries to live out God’s command to welcome refugees and immigrants. Responsibilities include nurturing relationships with existing and new donors, creating an integrated and cohesive annual fundraising plan, benchmarking and monitoring development activities and serving as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
DONOR RELATIONSHIPS (70%)
- Plan and implement activities with existing donors that will deepen their commitment and invite them into meaningful giving relationship with Arrive Ministries.
- Cultivate relationships with churches and church leaders to raise awareness, encourage involvement and seek financial support for Arrive Ministries.
- Expand giving approaches to recruit, engage and retain new donors and leverage opportunities to connect to new audiences with a clear and compelling presentation of Arrive Ministries’ mission, purpose and needs.
- Research, identify and pursue foundation grants to support the holistic work of Arrive.
- Ensure donors, stakeholders and partners experience appropriate recognition and follow-up that deepens their long-term relationship with Arrive Ministries.
- Serve donors as the personal point of contact for all requests and questions.
- Maintain accurate donor contact records using our CRM system.
FUNDRAISING STRATEGY (20%)
- Design, review and execute a cohesive annual plan that guides fundraising activities, identifies key relationships, prioritizes action, and leads the allocation of time and effort.
- Craft fundraising messaging that aligns with the Arrive brand and targets donors with a multi-modal approach (verbal, in-person, written, online/social).
- Monitor and analyze giving performance/trends as part of annual plan and ongoing success evaluation.
- Contribute to organizational strategic planning by sharing goals, offering perspective on development activities and promoting collaboration across all ministry areas.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, providing wisdom and guidance to help steer the organization.
- Participate in the annual budget process to set revenue targets, propose department spending and monitor spending throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 7 years of professional business or nonprofit/ministry experience
- 3 years of experience in a relationship building role (sales, relationship management, fundraising, donor relations, etc.)
- Understanding / experience with refugees a plus
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills/abilities
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, database/contact management and related products
- Maintain a strong Christian witness and humble spirit toward colleagues and donors and be willing to share that in building relationships.
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Outgoing and personable with high relational/emotional intelligence, skilled in relationship building and public speaking
- Self-starter; take initiative in donor cultivation with a focus on follow through
- Independently responsible to manage time with flexibility focus
- Articulate and comfortable interacting with people of varying socio-economic positions
- Agree and adhere to the Transform Minnesota Statement of Faith, Core Values and Code of Conduct
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Executive Director