Position Title: Employment Counselor
Reporting Relationships: Director of Direct Program Services
Direct Reports: None
Status: Full-time, 40 hour/week position with benefits
Arrive Ministries is a faith-based organization, in community with the local Church, which seeks to see refugees and immigrants transformed economically, socially, and spiritually as we are transformed together by the Gospel.
- Responsible for facilitating job placement, preparation, and readiness for refugee, immigrant, and asylee clients in coordination with agency consortium partners.
- Specific duties include: (1) assessing client skills, language, and readiness for employment; (2) providing coaching needed to overcome barriers to employment; (3) drafting individual employment plans and delivering job and workplace coaching for clients; (4) securing potential employment opportunities for clients, accompanying them to interviews, and providing guidance and interpretation as appropriate; (5) building and maintaining relationships with employers to find new job opportunities for clients; and (6) maintaining accurate records and updating databases according to Department of Human Services and Refugee Program Office contractual obligations.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, global studies, communications, or related field.
- Two years of administrative experience, including work in international environment, serving clients and co-workers, coordinating meetings with various constituents, recruiting and training.
- Knowledge of social service and employment environment.
- Agree with and adhere to Transform Minnesota’s Statement of Faith, Core Values and Code of Conduct.