The Events Manager helps fulfill New Life Family Service’s mission of assisting clients in life-affirming decisions with the love and compassion of Christ by planning and executing all major and minor events for the organization.
VP of Advancement
- EVENTS: Manage and execute all major events including, but not limited to: Laugh for Life, Walk for Life, New Life Banquet, and Women’s event. Assist in the planning and execution of minor events, including but not limited to: Birth Mother Dinner, Life Partner events, Me Too event, donor related events, and volunteer appreciation events. Oversee all operations and coordinate logistics for each event (timeline, promotion, vendor selection, payment arrangements, registration tools, staffing, etc.). Manage registration details for all events. Develop cost assessments, budgets, and schedules for all events. Manage vendor selection, contract negotiations, and service agreements necessary for all events in conjunction with the VP of Advancement and Executive Director. Initiate and coordinate with the VP of Advancement to produce the copy and design for all print and digital event related promotion. Research new event opportunities. Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to secure volunteers for each major fundraising event. Supervise day-of-event personnel. Prepare post-event evaluation and income/expense reports for the Development Director.
- ADMINISTRATION: Manage administrative activities for the Event Sponsorship program. Track and monitor donor information as requested by the VP of Advancement. Regularly attend and contribute to development and marketing team meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of two years professional experience in event planning or similar role, preferable in a non-profit setting (may substitute two additional years of experience in lieu of college degree).
Attend all New Life events. Present at area churches on Sanctity of Human Life Sunday. Represent New Life and its programs through various fairs and booths throughout the year. Attend additional outreach events at the direction of the Director of Marketing.
Participate in appropriate workshops and training sessions and ensure continuing education requirements are met.
- Demonstrated faith in Jesus Christ.
- Agrees with and adheres to Transform Minnesota Statement of Faith, Core Values, and Code of Conduct.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to sexual purity.
- Attend weekly staff and prayer meetings.
- Be able to express a clear understanding of the inner workings of a pregnancy care center.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once.
- Exhibit ability to respect client and donor confidentiality through the safe-keeping of related information.