Food Services Assistant
The Food Services Assistant is primarily responsible for working directly under the Food Services Coordinator in meeting the expectations of Damascus Way Reentry Center as relating to menu planning, food purchasing, preparation, cooking and serving. They are also responsible to know and comply with the state of Minnesota’s Food Service codes and complimentary regulations.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and spiritual support to residents.
- To uphold the mission, vision and core values of Damascus Way Reentry Center.
- To stay informed and in compliance with the state of Minnesota’s Food Codes and personal certifications.
- Provide support to Food Services Coordinator in developing and managing Food Services policies and procedures.
- Responsible to manage weekly meal plans, preparations, cooking, and serving as directed by Food Services Coordinator.
- Maintain quality food service records and inventory as directed by Food Services Coordinator.
- Build and maintain relationships with local restaurants, food shelves, and churches as directed by Food Services Coordinator.
- Supervise the use and maintenance of all food service equipment.
- Conduct and record refrigerator and freezer temperatures.
- Complete ongoing trainings, certifications, and Food Service courses-ServSafe.
- Maintain work flexibility to accommodate residents living in a 24-hour care facility including; evenings, holidays, and weekends as needed to meet the residents and organization’s needs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Site Director.
- Agree with and adhere to Transform Minnesota’s Statement of Faith, Core Values and Code of Conduct.
- Documented no less than one year of freedom from harmful chemical use and probation.
- Acquire or possess a Minnesota Food Service Manager Certificate.
- Possession of a Minnesota Driver’s License, Proof of Insurance, and an insurable driving record by organization’s insurance carrier.
- Food service leadership experience in a facility setting.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Work well without direct supervision.
- Ability to manage and delegate multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.