Immigration Case Aide
Reporting Relationship: Director of Immigration Legal Services
Status: PT or FT with benefits
Arrive Ministries: Is a faith-based organization that envisions the most vulnerable people transformed economically, socially, and spiritually. We work primarily with refugees resettled in Minnesota.
Primary Purpose of this Position:
To provide quality immigration legal services to the Twin Cities refugee and immigrant communities by providing administrative support as part of the Immigration Legal Services department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Immigration Legal Services Duties
- Answer phone inquiries and schedule appointments
- Attend to walk-in clients
- USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) applications:
- Perform initial intake appointment for certain case types
- Prepare and send applications to USCIS
- Complete additional required data entry and paperwork for clients
- Responsible for ongoing administrative tasks
- Update internal forms to respond to USCIS updates
- Maintain referral lists
- Send case closure letters
- Follow up with prior clients for further services
- Annual file archiving and file management
- Maintain department case management and administrative databases
- Work collaboratively with Immigration Department and other Arrive Ministries colleagues
- Other projects within the Immigration Department as needed
Immigration Program Support (IMM, DHS, PC & AOR):
- Answer program inquiries and assist providers with application process
- Inform clients of case notices, appointments, etc.
Lautenberg FSU AOR Program
- Responds to inquiries and provides program information to potential clients
- Conducts Zoom appointments with eligible clients
- Gathers required documents
- Completes AOR with clients
- Submits AORs to World Relief Headquarters (which then goes to RSC Ukraine)
- Performs client follow up
- Updates clients as needed
- Sends case closures
- Maintains FSU AOR spreadsheet each year
ILS Intern Program
- Seeks to recruit interns
- Advertises for interns, if needed
- Responds to inquiries
- Conducts interview(s) with candidates
- Works with Administrative Coordinator to facilitate HR process
- Welcomes and trains new interns
- Oversees interns during their ILS internship
- Follows up after intern departure
- Provides send-off for intern
- Provides feedback/evaluation for college credit, if needed
- Maintains intern data on server
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Agree to the Arrive Ministries Statement of faith, values and code of conduct.
- Able to speak, read, and write fluently in the English language.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency using computer applications for writing, record keeping, and case research (particularly Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel).
- Excellent people skills across class, religion, age, culture, and gender.
- High motivation level, self-starter, quick-learner, efficient worker
- Comfortable in a high-intensity environment and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Patience and compassion with people in crisis, and ability to handle limited-English speaking clients.
- Good time management and problem-solving abilities.
- Interest in immigration law and policy.
- Agree with and adhere to the Transform Minnesota Statement of Faith, Core Values, and Code of Conduct.
Desired Knowledge, Skill, and Experience:
- Cross-cultural experience.
- Familiarity with social services.
- Familiarity with immigration law and issues.
- Multilingual capabilities.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and / or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.