Program Coordinator, Refugee Cash Assistance & Resettlement
POSITION TITLE: Program Coordinator, Refugee Cash Assistance and Resettlement
DEPARTMENT: Direct Program Services & Reception & Placement (R&P) Program
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Direct Program Services Director
STATUS: FT 40 hours/week, with benefits (paid holidays, optional medical/dental, retirement, life insurance)
ARRIVE MINISTRIES: Is a faith-based organization that empowers the local Church to reach out and serve our new neighbors economically, socially, and spiritually. We work primarily with refugees being resettled in Minnesota.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION: To work with clients from the seven-county Metro Area to provide ongoing eligibility determination and case maintenance for beneficiaries of Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA), a public assistance program administered by Arrive Ministries (AM); to assist newly arrived refugees with finding/securing housing and obtaining all required material needs as defined by the Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration at the State Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1) RCA PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION
- Determine initial and ongoing client eligibility for the RCA program.
- Conduct RCA eligibility interviews, process applications, and collect necessary verifications.
- Inform clients of rights, responsibilities, expectations, and data privacy practices.
- Provide orientation for RCA, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and Refugee Employment Services (RES) programs.
- Input client information in the MAXIS database and fax to county public assistance offices, ensuring security of all private data.
- Partner with county financial workers to ensure client access to and compliance with programs.
- Maintain thorough and accurate client records in RCA case files and MAXIS database, as well as R&P case notes.
- Make referrals to Refugee Employment Services (RES) agencies on behalf of clients and maintain regular follow-up to ensure client compliance with program expectations.
- Oversee monthly distribution of RCA checks and bus cards to clients.
- Impose sanctions on non-compliant clients, in accordance with RCA program standards.
- Recover overpayments and issue restored benefits when applicable.
2) HOUSING SPECIALIST & RESETTLEMENT COORDINATOR
- Assist in finding and securing housing for newly-arrived refugees in accordance with the federal Cooperative Agreement and accompanying resettlement guidelines.
- Maintain and develop relationships with local property managers and landlords who will rent to refugees as well as local service providers who donate clothing, furniture & material needs items.
- Assist in obtaining all required material needs (i.e. furniture, hygiene, kitchen supplies) for each newly arriving refugee in accordance with federal resettlement guidelines.
- Manage storage room of donation supplies and coordinate with staff to obtain required items when needed.
- Schedule, enter, and administer daily client appointments in a shared Google calendar.
- Assist R&P case managers with resettlement related tasks, as needed (including organizing case files, coordinating social service referrals, assisting with client appointments, documenting core services).
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent data-entry, typing, computer operation, office management, and bookkeeping skills.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, online databases, internet.
- Background in social services provision and knowledge of/familiarity with community resources in the Twin Cities metro area.
- Experience working cross-culturally and with individuals of limited English proficiency.
- Willingness and ability to complete work with minimal supervision, and a desire to seek out new projects and means of improving efficiencies, independently.
- Strong time management and problem-solving abilities, with an emphasis on collaborative approaches.
- Accuracy and great attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task well and adapt in an ever-changing workplace with a positive attitude.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in the English language.
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license, insurance, and access to a vehicle, with a clean driving record.
- Patience and the ability to be firm with people regarding program requirements and participation expectations.
- Fluency in Dari, Karen, Russian, Pashto, Somali, or Ukrainian, preferred.
- Agree with and adhere to Transform Minnesota’s Statement of Faith, Core Values and Code of Conduct.
- 40 hours per week within a typical work schedule of Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Flexibility in scheduling required to attend late-evening or early morning appointments, for training activities, or to address emergency needs.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Arrive Ministries functions as a team, all employees agree to perform other job-related duties as required to most effectively partner with, and provide services to, arriving refugees.
TO APPLY: Please complete the Transform Minnesota job application, and upload a cover letter and current resume. You will receive an email confirming your submission. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and requests for interview will be sent out by email. Please no phone calls.