Refugee Resettlement Specialist & Refugee Cash Assistance Eligibility Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Refugee Resettlement Specialist & Refugee Cash Assistance Eligibility Coordinator
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director of Arrival Services
STATUS: FT 40 hours/week, with benefits (paid holidays, optional medical/dental, retirement, life insurance)
ARRIVE MINISTRIES: Is a faith-based organization that empowers the local Church to reach out and serve our new neighbors economically, socially, and spiritually. We work primarily with refugees being resettled in Minnesota.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION: To assist newly arrived refugees with basic needs support and core social services as defined by the Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration at the State Department; to coordinate health insurance and health screenings for all newly-arrived refugees to AM; to work with clients from the seven-county Metro Area to provide ongoing eligibility determination and case maintenance for beneficiaries of Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA), a public assistance program administered by Arrive Ministries (AM).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1) CASE MANAGEMENT SUPPORT (70%)
- Assist in providing case management for newly-arrived refugees in accordance with the federal Cooperative Agreement and accompanying resettlement guidelines.
- Send health screening referral forms for all newly-arrived refugee clients. Coordinate successful completion of screenings in cooperation with the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and county-level Local Public Health (LPH) offices.
- Become certified as a MNsure Navigator and assist newly-arrived refugee clients, as well as local community members, with applying for and accessing health insurance.
- Schedule, enter, and administer daily client appointments in a shared Google calendar.
- Complete and maintain case files, comprehensive case notes and other appropriate documentation of services on time and in an efficient, accurate manner, as required by the federal Cooperative Agreement.
- Assist with coordinating social services (i.e., provide and/or arrange transportation to appointments such as Social Security, ESL, school registration, public assistance).
2) RCA PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION (30%)
- Determine initial and ongoing client eligibility for the RCA program.
- Conduct RCA eligibility interviews, process applications, and collect necessary verifications.
- Inform clients of rights, responsibilities, expectations, and data privacy practices.
- Provide orientation for RCA, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and Refugee Employment Services (RES) programs.
- Input client information in the MAXIS database and fax to county public assistance offices, ensuring security of all private data.
- Partner with county financial workers to ensure client access to and compliance with programs.
- Maintain thorough and accurate client records in RCA case files and MAXIS database, as well as R&P case notes.
- Make referrals to Refugee Employment Services (RES) agencies on behalf of clients and maintain regular follow-up to ensure client compliance with program expectations.
- Oversee monthly distribution of RCA checks and bus cards to clients.
- Impose sanctions on non-compliant clients, in accordance with RCA program standards.
- Recover overpayments and issue restored benefits when applicable.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent data-entry, typing, computer operation, office management, and bookkeeping skills.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, online databases, internet.
- Background in social services provision and knowledge of/familiarity with community resources in the Twin Cities metro area.
- Experience working cross-culturally and with individuals of limited English proficiency.
- Willingness and ability to complete work with minimal supervision, and a desire to seek out new projects and means of improving efficiencies, independently.
- Strong time management and problem-solving abilities, with an emphasis on collaborative approaches.
- Accuracy and great attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task well and adapt in an ever-changing workplace with a positive attitude.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in the English language.
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license, insurance, and access to a vehicle, with a clean driving record.
- Patience and the ability to be firm with people regarding program requirements and participation expectations.
- Fluency in a language besides English, particularly Russian or Karen, preferred.
- Agree with and adhere to Transform Minnesota’s Statement of Faith, Core Values and Code of Conduct.
- 40 hours per week within a typical work schedule of Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Flexibility in scheduling required to attend late-evening or early morning appointments, for training activities, or to address emergency needs.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Arrive Ministries functions as a team, all employees agree to perform other job-related duties as required to most effectively partner with, and provide services to, arriving refugees.
TO APPLY: Please complete the Transform Minnesota job application, and upload a cover letter and current resume. You will receive an email confirming your submission. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and requests for interview will be sent out by email. Please no phone calls.