Vice President of Programs
The Vice President of Programs helps fulfill New Life Family Service’s mission of assisting clients in life-affirming decisions with the love and compassion of Christ by providing oversight for client care, medical, parenting, and post-abortion services delivered across four pregnancy center sites.
- PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION: Review on an ongoing basis services being offered and develop new programs as needs emerge. Hold responsibility for overseeing all activities pertaining to clients including services, personnel, finance and contracts. Participate in the Executive leadership team—alongside the Executive Director and the VP of Advancement. Manage the program aspects of the annual budget in conjunction with the Executive Director. Approve First Care policies and procedures. Assist directors with difficult client situations. Encourage the staff. Stay up to date on legal compliance of First Care. Work with the Director of Client Care to maintain outside partnerships and collaboration with other ministries.
- SUPERVISION & ADMINISTRATION: Identify training needs of staff. Propose and implement training. Manage all-staff training days. Manage new staff mentoring program. Conduct stay interviews and strategize employee engagement ideas. Hold quarterly trainings in the First Care offices. Manage the new hiring process and exit process in coordination with Transform MN.
- LEADERSHIP: Provide effective and inspiring leadership, as well as stewardship of New Life Family Services by managing client programs and services. Serve on the Executive Leadership Team and lead the Directors Team, including monthly meetings and annual retreat. Compile board reports as needed. Manage changes in departments.
- MANAGEMENT: Make decisions on office closures. Manage COVID response for all offices. Coordinate office coverage for First Care offices. Meet with Adoption team and Executive Director on revenue sources. Coordinate with all directors to develop budgets, discuss financial reports, and approve expenditures. Develop, implement and oversee internal policies and procedures relating to office consistency, effectiveness and efficiency. Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of New Life Family Services. Set program goals and objectives consistent with the agency’s mission and values and monitor progress toward said goals.
- Five to seven years of professional experience overall, with a minimum of three years of senior-leadership experience supervising seasoned staff operating multiple human services programs across a broad geography. Solid educational background including an undergraduate degree, with a preference for MBA, MA in Counseling, Organization Leadership or similar advanced degree.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence, engaging community partners, and partnering with a CEO and board of directors.
- Can point to tangible examples of reporting and program measurement and evaluation. Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in her/his work, and has experience in leading others to new levels of programmatic impact.
- Passionate about New Life Family Service’s mission and able to promote and communicate the mission, values and goals to external and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to delegate, professionally develop direct reports, lead and inspire others, and consider the agency impact in program decisions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, and be able to lovingly, yet directly confront issues/problems.
- Ability to advocate equally for clients, regardless of circumstances.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of Myers Briggs, Strength Finders and/or other personality assessments.
Attend all New Life Events. Attend outreach events under direction of Executive Director.
Participate in appropriate workshops and training sessions. Send copies of certificates of attendance to supervisor to be included in personnel file.
- Demonstrated faith in Jesus Christ.
- Agrees with and adheres to Transform Minnesota Statement of Faith, Core Values, and Code of Conduct.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to sexual purity.
- Be able to express a clear understanding of the inner workings of a pregnancy care center.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once.
- Exhibit ability to respect client and donor confidentiality through the safe-keeping of related information.
Director of Client Care
Director of Operations
Director of Adoption
Director of Nursing
Conquerors Program Manager