Vice President of Advancement
The Vice President of Advancement helps fulfill New Life Family Service’s mission of assisting clients in life-affirming decisions with the love and compassion of Christ by providing leadership, direction and oversight to the organization’s comprehensive development, marketing and communications.
- LEADERSHIP: Provide effective and inspiring leadership, as well as stewardship of New Life Family Services by overseeing development, communications and marketing efforts. Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process with our development and marketing team. Promote regular and ongoing opportunities for staff and constituents to give feedback on marketing and development efforts. Is a part of the Executive Team of New Life alongside the Executive Director and VP of Programs.
- DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: Construct and implement the overall, comprehensive development strategies and plan for the organization in conjunction with the Executive Director. Implement strategies to drive new revenue, maintain and elevate current donors, and bring fresh ideas to the organization. Build, lead, and manage the development team and function. Provide vision and leadership for all channels of fundraising, including the annual fund, major gifts, planned giving, corporate relations, fundraising events, church relations and special projects. Meet with prospective and current donors, coordinate thank you efforts.
- MARKETING RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervise the Marketing Manager who is responsible for brand management for program areas. Ensure articulation of the desired image and position of the organization and its programs.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Write content, oversee and approve the copywrite of external communication pieces for the organization including brochures, newsletters, annual reports, and appeal letters. Report to the board and Executive Director on a regular basis. Ensure that all marketing, advertising and communication pieces are accurate and truthful, and fit within the mission and values of New Life Family Services. Develop and recommend an annual master communication plan in conjunction with the Executive Director. Seek opportunities for New Life to have a broader presence in the community.
- MANAGEMENT: Work in conjunction with the Executive Director to develop an annual operating budget for marketing and development, manage effectively within this budget and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered. Manage personnel issues for direct reports. Directly supervise and manage staff. Report to the board and Executive Director on a regular basis.
- 7-10 years of professional experience overall, with a minimum of five years of marketing and/or development experience.
- Solid educational background including an undergraduate degree in a Marketing, Development, Business Administration, or related field.
- Strong communicator and excellent writing/editing skills.
- Demonstrates integrity and strives for excellence in her/his work.
- Passionate about New Life Family Service’s mission and able to promote and communicate the mission, values and goals to external and internal stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft and Outlook based software.
Attend all New Life Events. Attend outreach events under direction of the Executive Director.
Participate in appropriate workshops and training sessions. Send copies of certificates of attendance to supervisor to be included in personnel file.
- Demonstrated faith in Jesus Christ.
- Agrees with and adheres to Transform Minnesota Statement of Faith, Core Values, and Code of Conduct.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to sexual purity.
- Be able to express a clear understanding of the inner workings of a pregnancy care center.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once.
- Exhibit ability to respect client and donor confidentiality through the safe-keeping of related information.
Development and Events Coordinator
Church Relations Coordinator