HOLY SEXUALITY LEADERS FORUM
An interactive forum on faith, sexuality, and gender guided by theological faithfulness and love.
November 5, 2019 | 8:30am – 3:30pm
HOLY SEXUALITY LEADERS FORUM
The Holy Sexuality Leaders Forum engages questions of faith, sexuality & gender in the Church, equipping Christian pastors and church leaders in the LGBT+ conversation.
Dr. Preston Sprinkle and other guest presenters will help Christian leaders and pastors engage tough questions about faith, sexuality and gender with theological faithfulness and courageous love. To maximize the learning experience, this forum will be thoughtful, dialogical, practical, and relational.
Teaching segments will be theologically in-depth and well-researched, both exploring and articulating a Christian ethic of sexuality and gender, and responding to the most compelling counter-arguments to this ethic.
Most people learn best through dialogue and interaction. The Holy Sexuality Leaders Forum will integrate both dynamic teaching and interaction, presentations and Q & A. Everyone has a voice here.
The Holy Sexuality Leaders Forum will not be ivory-tower discussions with little connection to real life. Although the teaching will be in-depth, everything will be ministry focused, seeking to address the real questions that pastors and leaders are wrestling with in the trenches of ministry.
Not only will the participants get to know the speakers, but they will get to know each other. The Holy Sexuality Leaders Forum will be a safe place where participants can form a collective of like-minded Christian leaders, where relationships are built and networks are fostered.
Every pastor and leader will leave with a number of very practical resources to help them inspire and educate those they lead, including a copy of a Leader’s Guide: Leading the Culture Shift in Your Church. Attendees will also learn how to use the Grace/Truth 1.0 small group learning experience, which will help them educate the people they lead in the LGBT+ conversation.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN
You can register below within the registration tab!
Topics in the LGBT+ conversation, include:
- Humanizing the conversation; it’s about people, not just issues
- Breaking down the stereotypes—not all LGBT+ people are alike
- Why language is so important; learning nuances of the LGBT+ conversation
- Understanding the top gay affirming arguments and cultivating thoughtful responses
- Guidance for churches on membership, service, communion, and baptism of LGBT+ people
- Pastoring same-sex attracted or LGBT+ people and their families
- Cultivating a pastoral theology of gender, transgender experiences, and intersex persons
Attendees will explore most pressing questions, such as:
- Is “being gay” (or experiencing same-sex attraction) a sin?
- Is sex difference necessary for marriage?
- Does the Bible really prohibit same-sex, monogamous marriage?
- Can someone be born into the wrong body?
- Should Christians perform or attend a same-sex wedding?
- What is the most faithful Christian view of sex reassignment surgery and hormone therapy?
- Is gender identity and expression fluid or stable?
- How should your church view open and affirming Christians, both gay and straight?
PRESTON SPRINKLE | PRESIDENT OF THE CENTER FOR FAITH, SEXUALITY & GENDER
Preston is a biblical scholar, an international speaker, and a New York Times bestselling author who has written numerous books including People to Be Loved: Why Homosexuality Is Not Just an Issue (Zondervan) and Living in a Gray World: A Christian Teen’s Guide to Homosexuality (Zondervan). He also served as the general editor for the new Two Views on Homosexuality, the Bible, and the Church (Zondervan). Preston has given talks to thousands of people worldwide on the topic of faith, sexuality and gender. He and his wife, Chris, and their four children live in Boise, Idaho. Learn more about Preston on his website: prestonsprinkle.com.
Registration includes lunch, a handbook, and free resources.
Seminary students: $50
Groups of 4 or more: $85 each*
I registered, but didn’t receive a confirmation email.
Chances are your email’s Spam filter is keeping it out of your inbox. Always check your Spam or Junk folder first. Confirmation emails will be from firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your confirmation email isn’t in your Spam or Junk folder, you can easily have it resent.
1. Go to the My Orders page
2. Enter the email address you used at checkout
3. Click the blue “Resend Emails” button.
Brushfire will immediately resend your confirmation email.
If you still don’t receive your confirmation email, please email email@example.com