Trauma Healing Initial Facilitator Training
Saturday, March 9 & Saturday, March 16, 20249:00 am – 5:00 pm
The cost of the Trauma Healing Initial Facilitator Training is $149.
Zion Baptist Church
The Trauma Healing Initial Facilitator Training is for those who wish to be trained and certified as facilitators. Facilitators will be trained in biblical and mental health principles related to trauma care. The trauma healing facilitator training is designed to be experiential and participatory.
Certification as a trauma healing facilitator is based on demonstrated skills in the five core competencies:
- Able to facilitate in a participatory way
- Able to work on a team
- Able to help traumatized people
- Knowledge of the materials
- Able to manage personal well-being.
*While certification is not a guarantee, most people will gain valuable skills in trauma care for both themselves and others through attending this training.
- Must have completed participation in a Healing Group
- Able to attend each day of the training (certificates will only be granted to full attendees)
- Fluent in English
- At least 18 years old
- Committed to help trauma survivors and able to dedicate 2 weeks per year to trauma healing
- Able to teach others, manage own wellbeing, work on a team, and learn to lead groups in a participatory way
- It is suggested, but not required, that you attend the training with someone else from your organization, church, or area with whom you could co-lead healing groups in the future (if certified)
“I believe in the power of these healing groups. This training will be well worth your time, not just for learning about this curriculum, but also for ongoing professional development in your ministry.” – Anonymous
Questions may be emailed to Becky Hestness at firstname.lastname@example.org