TRAUMA HEALING EQUIPPING SESSION
October 27 – 30, 2021 | 9:00am – 5:00pm each day
Location: Transform Minnesota
Lunch + snacks will be served on-site
Transform Minnesota is proud to announce our partnership with the American Bible Society to bring Bible-based trauma healing to the Twin Cities.
American Bible Society partners with local churches by equipping them to respond to the suffering and trauma in their communities using the Trauma Healing Institute’s program model and materials.
Trauma Healing Equipping Session:
One in five American adults has been a victim of or witness to traumatic events in just the past 10 years. As the events of 2020 unfolded, we collectively experienced numerous traumas, including the murder of George Floyd and the pandemic.
God wants to heal our wounded hearts and minds and He calls the Church to help. American Bible Society and Transform Minnesota have partnered together to bring the Trauma Healing Initiative to the Twin Cities. Through Bible-based, facilitator-led, small groups, we are seeing God heal people in amazing ways.
The Trauma Healing Equipping session is for those who wish to be trained and certified as Trauma Healing small group facilitators. You will be trained in Biblical and mental health principles related to trauma care. The Trauma Healing Equipping sessions are designed to be experiential and participatory.
Please pray and ask God if He is calling you to serve as a peer facilitator and lead a Trauma Healing group in your church or community.
The Equipping curriculum is:
• Offered in a small-group format
• Includes 6 lessons
• And is led by trained and certified peer facilitators.
• Certification as a Trauma Healing facilitator is based on demonstrated skills in the five core competencies: able to facilitate in a participatory way, able to work on a team, able to help traumatized people, knowledge of the materials, and able to manage personal well-being. While certification is not a guarantee, most people will gain valuable skills in trauma care for both themselves and others through attending this training.
Necessary qualifications to be a facilitator:
• Able to attend each day of the four-day training (certificates will only be granted to those who do so)
• Fluent in English
• At least 18 years old
• Committed to helping trauma survivors and able to dedicate 2 weeks per year to Trauma Healing
• Able to teach others, manage own wellbeing while leading others, work on a team, and learn to lead groups in a participatory way. Be willing to explore your own loss and pain you may be carrying.
• It is suggested, but not required, that you attend the training with someone else from your organization, church, or area with whom you could co-lead healing groups in the future (if certified).