Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, 40 hour/week, with benefits
Arrive Ministries is a Christian nonprofit seeking life transformation for refugees, immigrants, and the Church. Arrive Ministries is a refugee resettlement agency, providing resettlement services to newly-arriving refugees.
Job Summary: The administrative coordinator manages office and lobby for staff, guests and clients while also providing administrative project support for the Executive Director and Management Team. Responsibilities also including managing gift-in-kind donations and processing volunteer applications.
Administrative Projects (40%)
- Providing administrative support for scheduling appointments, calendar management, meeting support, note taking and preparing board reports for executive director
- Coordinate monthly staff meeting communication, participate in hospitality for staff events, staff birthdays and support logistics for public events as needed.
- Manage office supply inventory, maintain printer, postage and vehicle maintenance. Provide support for outgoing mail, receipting, site mailings, address update reporting, etc.
- Support management team with project overflow as assigned.
Manage Lobby and Welcoming Guest (25%)
- Greet guests to connect with the appropriate point person at Arrive, Transform MN or New Life Family Services, monitor general emails, voicemails and coordinate front desk coverage.
- Provide initial triage for refugee and immigrant clients to answer common questions, provide basic screening for immigration legal services and resettlement and placement clients and potential clients.
- Interface with refugee and immigrant clients in a culturally relevant way; serving guests with English as a second language to understand needs.
- Create networks with Arrive staff and other ministries in the building to acquire a basic knowledge to serve guests and potential clients.
Gift in Kind (25%)
- Coordinate gift in kind requests in collaboration with the Executive Director and Director of Refugee Services to determine needs, storage and process for receiving gifts.
- Organize and store inventory in the donation room, purchasing items when needed and coordinating with cast managers to build welcome kits for refugee families.
- Provide quarterly reports on GIK to programs for audit reporting, provide donation receipting for gifts and follow up with thank you cards
Volunteer Processing (10%)
- Support program staff in managing volunteer inquiries and enter into the database assigning volunteers to specific program areas.
- Send out volunteer applications and links to process background checks for volunteers and interpreters, tracking completion; maintaining volunteer files for all ministry areas.
- Coordinate volunteers for donation room and office support.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ
- High School diploma required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two+ years of experience in managing an office environment, coordinating administrative projects and supporting executive staff.
- Excellent time management, organization, and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, communicate professionally (verbal and written), take initiative, and build collaborative professional relationships with internal and external partners
- Cultural competency in working with refugee and immigrant families. Patience and compassion with people in transition and limited English capabilities.
- High competency in database functions, creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets and utilizing Microsoft Office products
- Able to speak, read, and write fluently in English
- Agree with and adhere to Transform Minnesota’s Statement of Faith, Core Values and Code of Conduct