Transform Minnesota’s Initiatives
Transform Minnesota’s current five program initiatives support evangelical leaders in key impact areas by providing resources and collaboration on challenging issues. Transform Minnesota seeks to gather leaders and resources to develop solutions, share perspectives, and connect evangelicals for ministry opportunities. Together, we can increase Gospel impact to transform the state of Minnesota.
With nearly 200,000 Muslims living in Minnesota, Transform Minnesota recognizes the need to facilitate strategies, resources, and mobilization for effective Gospel proclamation. The Lord has sent dynamic people from different cultural and belief backgrounds to live in our home state. By acting as the convener of churches and ministries, we strive to use collaborative efforts to effectively educate and resource – to love, pray, and share with our Muslim neighbors.
- 160,000 Muslims live in Minneapolis/St. Paul. Half of these are Somali.
- 15,000-37,000 Muslims live in other regions of Minnesota with the most significant populations including St. Cloud, Rochester, Fargo/Moorhead, Willmar, & Mankato.
- 6,500 new Muslims arrive in Minnesota every year (some as immigrants, some as refugees, some coming from other states).
- 132 mosques in the Twin Cities
- 100 languages spoken in the Phillips neighborhood alone (one of the most diverse neighborhoods in the country).
- Muslim populations in MN:
- North African (Tunisian, Algerian)
- Middle Eastern / Arab (Saudis, Yemeni, Gulf Arabs)
- Hui (Chinese)
- Outreach to Muslims is taking place in cities statewide: Faribault, Minneapolis, Bloomington, Burnsville, Eden Prairie, St. Cloud, St. Paul, Willmar, and more!
This data was gained at a conference hosted by Transform Minnesota where identifying Muslim populations and ministries was the focus. A look at greater ministry effectiveness and providing resources and training was also addressed and continues to be a forefront initiative.