VIRTUAL TRAUMA HEALING INITIAL FACILITATOR TRAINING
March 1, 2, and 3, 2022
5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Location: Virtual Meeting on Zoom
Materials will be shipped to you.
*To register for this training, you must have completed a healing group prior to joining this training.
At this initial equipping session, participants learn how to lead groups in a participatory way; learn the program model, and develop plans for using what they have learned in their community.
Trauma healing facilitators aim to “do no harm” to those they help. To this end, in order to be certified to lead healing groups and possibly train others, this Initial Equipping begins a 3-step certification process that includes:
1. An evaluation during this Initial equipping session that consists of:
• Participant’s self-awareness of impact on others and the ability to interact well in a group
• A short test showing your knowledge of the content
• Practice facilitating a group in a participatory way with feedback on your strengths and suggestions to address areas needing improvement.
2. A few months of practicum after the Initial Equipping in which ‘Apprentice Facilitators’ co-lead 2 healing groups that include all the core lessons.
3. The process to become a Trauma Healing Group Facilitator is completed with demonstrated competence in an Advanced Equipping Session.
This session is open to laypeople and clergy, mental health professionals, social justice advocates, NGO workers, and others who would like to explore becoming a trauma healing facilitator so that they can provide basic care for those wounded by trauma or loss and optionally train others to do so.
*After the Advanced Equipping some facilitators also may learn to train others with this model.
• Able to communicate in English.
• At least 18 years old.
• Able to manage personal well-being.
• Committed to helping trauma survivors.
• Able to dedicate time to lead trauma healing groups.
• Able to attend the entire session.
The Trauma Healing Institute equips and supports a global community of workers in trauma care, helping local churches, national Bible Societies, and other NGOs bring Bible-based trauma healing to the world’s hurting people. See our site at TraumaHealingInstitute.org.
Please note that certification as a facilitator requires attendance at ALL sessions, but also that attendance does not guarantee certification as a facilitator.
Questions may be emailed to Hailey Aeikens at firstname.lastname@example.org