Midwest Conference on Missionary Care 2018:
The Promise and Peril of Team Life
We are blessed to have Dr. Laura Mae Gardner of Wycliffe back with us this year and Dr. Anna and Neal Hampton of Barnabas International as featured speakers. All three of our featured speakers have had extensive experience in serving on mission teams and also leading and ministering to mission teams. They have much on their hearts to share with us about team life. Between their plenary sessions and the breakout sessions led by church and mission leaders, we will ponder together:
- God’s missional purposes in using teams to spread the Good News about Himself
- The various benefits and challenges missionaries experience in serving on teams
- The sensitive theological, cultural and generational issues that affect mission teams
- What dysfunctional and healthy teams look like
- What we can do here at home to encourage our missionaries in their team experiences
- How we can to work well together as teammates with other supporters here at home
- How we can prepare candidates before they go to the field for working well on teams
We hope you’ll join us as we learn together how to encourage our global servants toward effectively working in community with one another.
When: Friday, February 23rd, 6-9pm and Saturday, February 24th, 8am-4pm
Where: Berean Baptist Church | 309 County Road 42 E, Burnsville, MN 55306
Cost: $75 General Admission | $60 Student and Missionary Discounted Rate
Registration: Click HERE to visit the event page and to register!