DRAFT VALUES STATEMENT
For board and internal review only.
As an evangelical network centered on Jesus Christ, we value:
- The Bible as the authoritative word of God that guides us in all areas of faith and living.
- Local Churches as God’s chosen plan for Christian community and spread the good news of Jesus.
- Unity in the Church and among Christians, centered on Jesus, and characterized by loving relationships with one another.
- Evangelism, extending the Gospel of Jesus and his kingdom.
- Redemption, healing and new beginnings made possible through Jesus Christ.
- Reconciliation of people to right relationship with God and each other.
- Mercy, following the example of Jesus by showing compassion towards those who suffer or are less fortunate than ourselves.
- Family as the central relationship in God’s vision for human society and nurturing of children, and marriage between a mother and father as the primary institution for creating families.
- Life, from conception to a natural death, and the intrinsic value of every human created in the image of God.
- Religious Freedom and liberty of conscience for all people as a fundamental human right.
- Engaged with culture to influence society in ways that reflect God’s character.
Leave a Reply