Adoption and Foster Care Social Worker
The Adoption/Foster Care Social Worker position helps fulfill New Life Family Services’ mission of assisting clients in life-affirming decisions with the love and compassion of Christ by providing quality services related to those seeking adoption services through NLFS and its programs.
Director of Adoption
- CASEWORK TO ONGOING CLIENTS: Provide direct services to an assigned caseload of adoptive families who are seeking to adopt through New Life Family Services from formal application through to the finalization process. Provide counseling, referrals or coordination of services for other assessed needs. Support families and help navigate relationships with expectant parents including face-to-face meetings. Provide support to adoptive families during the waiting period and the hospital time, which may be outside of office hours. Work closely with the adoption team to provide continuity of care.
- HOME STUDIES AND POST-PLACEMENT REQUIREMENTS: Assess prospective adoptive family’s readiness for and ability to adopt using State and agency requirements, and consult with supervisor as needed. Write home studies and complete all documentation as required by the State of Minnesota and agency standards. Complete post-placement supervision and complete all necessary documentation for finalization.
- FOSTER CARE LICENSOR: Maintain foster care program (currently 1-2 licensed homes). License and re-license foster homes as needed and as required by the State of Minnesota and agency standards. Provide ongoing casework and support to foster parents. Assist foster parents with completing requirements for relicensure, including continuing education hours. Maintain accurate documentation, forms, foster care manual and records. Assist the Director of Adoption with the biennial licensing visit from the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
- SEMINARS AND ONGOING EDUCATION FOR CLIENTS: Assist the Director of Adoption with educational seminars and Informational meetings for adoptive families by presenting at seminars as requested throughout the year. Expected to work some nights as weekends for regularly scheduled seminars.
- MAINTAINING CASENOTES AND ACCURATE RECORDS: Maintain accurate and up-to-date files for all cases including case notes. Maintain accurate records of services provided according to agency standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work.
- Licensed Social Worker in the state of Minnesota.
- Two years of professional experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Adoption and writing home studies preferred.
Attend all New Life fundraising events and other agency-sponsored events as directed by the Director of Adoption, which may include some evening and/or weekend hours. Due to outreach and meeting with clients, an applicant is expected to have reliable transportation. Promote a positive agency image to other Social Service agencies. May be asked to speak periodically in churches and/or community events on behalf of the agency.
Maintain current Social Work License. Complete continuing education requirements for renewing Social Work License. Attend professional workshops and seminars. Keep current on best practices and trends in the fields of adoption, openness in adoption, attachment, and adoptive parenting. Keep current on foster care laws and regulations with assistance from the Director of Adoption.
- Demonstrated faith in Jesus Christ.
- Agrees with and adheres to Transform Minnesota Statement of Faith, Core Values, and Code of Conduct.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to sexual purity.
- Be able to express a clear understanding of the inner workings of a pregnancy care center.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once.
- Exhibit ability to respect client and donor confidentiality through the safe-keeping of related information.