Every Family Social Worker
The Every Family Social Worker helps fulfill New Life Family Service’s mission of assisting clients in life-affirming decisions with the love and compassion of Christ by providing quality services related to family, pregnancy and STI testing.
Every Family Program Manager (EFPM)
- PRIMARY FOCUS: Provide direct services focused on individuals and families seeking early parenting related support. Conduct agency intakes for individuals and families to assess their immediate and ongoing needs and develop and implement a case plan, including goal setting. Provide support and counsel as appropriate along with referrals or coordination of services for other assessed needs. Provide individual and group parent education and coaching sessions with clients through the use of approved curriculum. Assist EFPM in preparing and facilitating group classes for individuals and families. Conduct networking meetings with other organizations and maintain current knowledge of community resources applicable to the needs of the caseload. Conduct other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- SECONDARY FOCUS: Conduct intakes for pregnancy tests, ultrasound appointments and STI testing as needed. Provide decision making counseling for clients including providing information about abortion risks and procedures, parenting information, and adoption education. Collaborate with New Life Adoptions and Conquerors after abortion support and make referrals as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work.
- Two years professional experiences strongly preferred.
- Experience in Case Management preferred.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
- Reliable transportation to travel to other offices as needed
- Must be female
Attend all New Life fundraising events and other agency sponsored events as directed by supervisor. These may include some evening and/or weekend hours. May be asked to speak periodically in churches and/or community events, or provide office tours on behalf of the agency. Promote a positive agency image to other Social Service agencies.
Complete New Life requirements for continuing education. Participate in appropriate workshops and training sessions to ensure continuing education requirements are met. Keep current on best practices and trends in the fields of early parenting, child development, pregnancy care, adoption, sexual health and community resources.
- Demonstrated faith in Jesus Christ.
- Agrees with and adheres to Transform Minnesota Statement of Faith, Core Values, and Code of Conduct.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to sexual purity.
- Attend weekly staff and prayer meetings.
- Be able to express a clear understanding of the inner workings of a pregnancy care center.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once.
- Exhibit ability to respect client and donor confidentiality through the safe-keeping of related information.
- Exhibit cultural sensitivity and the ability to connect with people across socio-economic class, religion, culture, age and gender.
- Exhibit empathy, patience, and genuine care for people experiencing a crisis.