Transform Minnesota Partners with Bless Your Pastor Campaign
Research shows that most pastor families face significant financial challenges. 50% of pastors earn less than $50,000 per year, 62% receive no retirement benefits, and 59% do not receive health benefits.
In July the National Association of Evangelicals (NAE) launched a new national campaign called Bless Your Pastor to help congregations “show and share God’s love” for their pastors in creative and practical ways that make a tangible difference in a pastor’s household budget.
Many people in the church have resources, skills and abilities that can be used to bless their pastors and staff including:
- Sharing vacation homes or vehicles
- Providing home or auto maintenance and repairs
- Babysitting or pet sitting
- Sharing restaurant gift cards or frequent flyer miles
Transform Minnesota is encouraging Minnesota churches to join this campaign by participating in Pastor Appreciation Month this October. To join the Bless Your Pastor campaign, here are three easy steps to get started:
- Go to blessyourpastor.org and click on “Free Resources” to access handouts, ideas and graphics to start a campaign in your church.
- Talk to a lay leader or elder at your church and suggest a congregation-wide effort to bless your pastor.
- Read this article “What Your Pastor Won’t Tell You (But Wishes You Knew) About Pastor Appreciation Month.