30 men graduate from Damascus Way already in 2014
For those released from prison, one of the most difficult transitions back into society is finding and securing employment—not to mention locating adequate housing. So far this year, Damascus Way, one of the Affiliate Ministries of Transform Minnesota, has seen 30 men graduate from the reentry program.
To graduate, the men had to:
- Find employment and receive good reviews from supervisors
- Develop a budget and ways to live responsibly
- Move into a home or apartment
- Participate in church and Bible studies
- Join a support group where they can find encouragement and help
- Been a recipient of prayer and counsel from the Damascus Way staff
In addition, through the financial support of Damascus Way donors, the organization was able to provide 3,000 meals to 50 different men at the organization’s Golden Valley and Rochester houses since January 1. Financial support also enabled Damascus Way to provide bus passes, clothing, personal care items and movie passes to see “God’s Not Dead” and “Heaven Is for Real,” along with an Easter play.
Damascus Way Reentry Center provides Christ-centered transition housing to ex-offenders and has programs in Golden Valley and Rochester.
For more information about Damascus Way and how you could volunteer as a job mentor, Bible study leader or to support men in other ways visit damascusway.com.