November 8: Ministry Safe Workshop
Sponsor: Northwest Conference
Ministry Safe Workshop
Prevent Abuse and Protect the Kids in Your Ministry
We want all pastors, staff and volunteers to be equipped with the skills needed to protect children in our ministries. After evaluating hundreds of child sex abuse cases, attorneys Kimberlee Norris and Gregory Love created preventative measures tailored to fit the needs of churches, camps and ministry programs. Their legal expertise and practical experience shapes the content of this Sexual Abuse Awareness Training.
Let the church lead the way in advocating for students’ safety by building a culture of awareness and abuse prevention.
1st Session (9am-12pm): Sexual Abuse Awareness Training
- Misconceptions about sexual abuse and sexual abusers
- Offender characteristics and grooming process
- Legal reporting requirements
- What to do if a child reports abuse
2nd Session (2-4:30pm): Skillful Screening Training
- Elements of an effective safety system & screening practices
- Criminal background checks
- Recognizing applicant ‘high-risk answers’
- Resources for reducing the risk of child sexual abuse
When: Thursday, November 8, 2018 | 8:30am-4:30pm
Where: Roseville Covenant Church | 2865 Hamline Avenue N, St. Paul, MN 55113
Cost: $15 (includes lunch)
Registration: Click HERE to register for the event!
Questions: Please call 218-543-4565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.